• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Ayyyy guys, What's up?

Hey guys! I'm new here, I figured since I just spent 2 weeks straight building an enclosure for a Tegu, I'm ready to join the Tegu family! (Plus about 5 years of research on all large lizards, used to own a Savannah Monitor back in H.S.) Now I haven't picked a Tegu up just yet, since I have 3 options currently,

1. UndergroundReptiles, I hear they're really good people with quality gu's, I'm looking at possibly buying a Chacoan White-Headed Tegu from them BUT,

2. Reptile Expo, there's an expo coming up in NY this Sunday, I'm thinking maybe they'll have more variety for me to pick and choose, but at the same time I may just want all of them and then 2nd guess whatever I end up going with lol.

3. Local Reptile shop, I made my first thread over in the Red Tegu section, with a unique looking Tegu I found at my local Rep shop, so the contemplation of which one I'm going to go with is at an all time high!

Tegusonly or Hector's Habitat.
Hectors Habitat is putting out pre-orders for a BluxBlu cross, which while extremely tempting, especially for the price, i'm trying to receive it within the week since temps around here are finally at 80+, last week it was all 95s and once Sep hits it's all back down to 50s and 40s lol. I feel shipping will be smooth-sailing at a nice 82°.

However while i have you here, i've been lurking a while and i see you definitely know your stuff, could you maybe take a look at my other thread and help me identify what kind of morph the Tegu is?

Last edited:
4) rescue one from tegusonly.com.......:D:D

hope you find what you're looking for.:tegu:
I'd love too and will keep it in mind for future reference, but it seems like he doesn't really have a catalogue/much variety in Tegus. Plus i don't know how keen i am on "Wild-Caught" lol!

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Sounds like you've got this down.....Only one thing - TegusOnly has strikingly beautiful animals that are RESCUED from being killed. I have 2 of them, and would advise to get the younger aged if you're worried about the wild thing. His animals are very well priced, and his shipping has been without mistakes. Rodney Irwin is easy to talk to (305) 772-8140, and sent me exactly what I was hoping for. Price was approx half of reptile stores. I got a 3-4 month old female from him about 3 months ago, and she's a gem. I've had a 2 yr old male from him for a year. (People love hearing the story about them too!)

I'm not associated with him, financially or otherwise. I just think any animals we get from him frees him up to go rescue more.
Good luck!!

Sounds like you've got this down.....Only one thing - TegusOnly has strikingly beautiful animals that are RESCUED from being killed. I have 2 of them, and would advise to get the younger aged if you're worried about the wild thing. His animals are very well priced, and his shipping has been without mistakes. Rodney Irwin is easy to talk to (305) 772-8140, and sent me exactly what I was hoping for. Price was approx half of reptile stores. I got a 3-4 month old female from him about 3 months ago, and she's a gem. I've had a 2 yr old male from him for a year. (People love hearing the story about them too!)

I'm not associated with him, financially or otherwise. I just think any animals we get from him frees him up to go rescue more.
Good luck!!
Awe, are they sweet? I know rescued animals tend to build a super close bond with whoever gives them a nice home, does Rodney personally fill you in on where/when/how he found the specific Tegu? I'm sure it's great to hear the stories of how they ended up in your hands.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
My young female was much sweeter than the yr old male I got from him. She comes right up to the window and will come right to my hand immediately. I actually have to watch her close! She's pretty fearless, likes to be handled, and is very sweet. The male is now my buddy, but it took much longer to get him to accept me. He spent a year in the wild though, before meeting me. I don't think it's gender, I think he just wanted out and back on Florida ground. Now though, he's not jumpy, or hissing at me at all, and loves to come and get out of his home. He's over 40", and is about 10 lbs. Cool thing is, our bond is strong. We've been through a lot getting to this point.

Also - I forgot to mention, that I purchased a $500.00 blue tegu that died in 3 months from MBD from a Reptile Store. Really broke my heart and wallet! o_O

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam