• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Baby Fiona!

Fiona_the_Tegu

B363755B-0CB7-4F73-A8E8-302AA4791EB0.jpeg 918C5BC1-E10F-487C-B231-964A109B7C63.jpeg B363755B-0CB7-4F73-A8E8-302AA4791EB0.jpeg Hey y’all!
I’m new here and thought I’d introduce myself and my newest reptile. Her name is Fiona and she is a young (about 3 months) Argentine B&W. I’ve had her 3 days now. Her current enclosure is roughly 6’x3.5’x2’. She currently has a large kitty liter box full of substrate. The main floor is covered by fake grass. Her basking temps are roughly 100-110 and I keep the room at outside temps. It changes some day to day. I’m in Florida and I leave the windows open but usually it’s about 80-85 in the room.

she’s eaten twice in three days which is fantastic. I’ve already been able to handle her and she has quickly learned I’m not going to hurt her (IE I’m not a predator). She’s still very nervous with me but I try to sit with her for 2-3 hours and just talk to her.

any other tips for getting her started?

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hi and welcome it sounds like you're making a great start.... there's certainly alot of info on this sit for you to engross yourself in :)

rantology

Welcome and congrats! she's very cute. My only suggestion would be to target train her to a pair of tongs for feeding (so she doesnt associate your hands with food). But you seem like you are off to a great start. Looking forward to more pics as she grows =)

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome. Sounds like you know what you're doing. Be as aware as you can that you are gigantic to him. So, don't reach down to get him, talk to him with your arm and hands outside his enclosure where he can see them and see not harmful. Worn shirt in his hide of moist sphagnum moss, and he'll settle in soon enough.

Fiona_the_Tegu

Welcome and congrats! she's very cute. My only suggestion would be to target train her to a pair of tongs for feeding (so she doesnt associate your hands with food). But you seem like you are off to a great start. Looking forward to more pics as she grows =)
I plan to do so soon! So far she’s been eating off of a plate

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Good luck! Stay tuned to her and she'll let you know what she wants. Love the name too!! (Unless it turns out that our precious Fiona turns out to be a guy....like mine did - lol)

Fiona_the_Tegu

Good luck! Stay tuned to her and she'll let you know what she wants. Love the name too!! (Unless it turns out that our precious Fiona turns out to be a guy....like mine did - lol)
I do my best to pay attention to her needs. We’re both new to each other. She’s also my first Tegu so there is a sharp learning curve happening. (I’ve had other reptiles before though).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980