• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Ball Lovin

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Started putting my boy to work, thought I'd share on his progress. Last year he wanted nothing to do with the ladies, this year he's all business. Keeping my fingers crossed for fireflies and black eyed leucys.

DSC02957.jpg

DSC03163.jpg

Piercedcub32

looks like a nice lock~ still raising up my first ball here. Lesser Pastel Male. about 350 grams now, growing almost as fast as my tegu ;o) I look forward to your updates!

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The pastel female ovulated today. She's been off feed for a couple months so when I opened her tub to check it was either ovulation or she found the legendary, invisible jumbo rat. I palpated 7 follicles earlier in the season so hopefully she'll lay some good eggs for me. The fire girl is still building and spending 2 days a week with Romeo locking up. I'll try to update after her prelay shed or at least when she lays. Thanks for looking, John.

DSC03299.jpg

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Nice,.. good luck on the odds.

I wish my DH AlbPd male cooperated this year his female is ready but he wants nothing to do with it. :rolleyes: Something told me to get another male earlier this year just in case. I wasn't in a rush and figured he would be ready,.. wrong.

So I put his girl with my DH Caramel Glow male and he wasted no time. He started shmoozing and wooing her before he was out of my hands lol. Maybe I'll change his name to Casanova.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks, it's hard getting young males to show interest sometimes but they'll go when they're ready. I was starting to regret having sold my proven spider earlier in the season but this boy, much to my relief, finally got into the swing of things. It sounds like you have some pretty awesome pairings in the mix with those double hets, best of luck to you!

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Guess it's time for an update. My pastel girl laid 7 strongly veined eggs for yesterday, 34 days after her prelay shed. She's definitely getting next year off after fasting nearly 6 months this season - looking forward to getting a few meals in her now that she finally dropped.
DSC03412.jpg

DSC03418.jpg

My female fire ovulated too a while back, she's due to lay in 2 weeks, give or take. She was a strong eater throughout the season so I didn't get a good opportunity to palpate for follicles. She's a 2008 virgin, hoping for a decent sized clutch to increase my odds of hitting a leucy or two.
DSC03358.jpg

Thanks for looking, John.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bubblz Calhoun said:
Nice :D and the wait intensifies, so close,.. yet so far away.

Eggs this time of year have their perks. It makes my summer seem so much longer! :)

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Final update until I start getting pips, fire gal laid 7 pearly whites for me last night!
DSC03435.jpg

DSC03436.jpg

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Pastel x fire eggs were all out by this evening. I got one smokin firefly - almost cried when it popped male! A few nice female pastels in there though, might keep one of them.

DSC03710.jpg

DSC03694.jpg

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks dragonmetalhead! All but the firefly have shed out now and taken their first meals. The fire x fire clutch are all out as of today too yielding 0.2 normal, 1.1 fire, 1.2 super fire. The odds gods were smiling down on me it would seem. Anyway, hope ya'll enjoy.

DSC03767.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonny