• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Ball Python question

Dirkthejerk41

I just acquired a nice new cage with two levels, made to house to separate animals. Im using the top half for my juvenile colombian tegu, and the bottom for a ball python. my question is, will a ball python be okay in a tank with an exposed heating lamp? The cages have built in light fixtures, but I do not believe an under tank heating pad would heat through the wood, and the roof is closed off wood, it just opens from the front. Any help greatly appreciated.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Enclosures using light for heating work fine as long as you‘re able to keep up humidity. Like tegus they are notorious for shedding issues (which leads to other issues) without it.

Dirkthejerk41

I know, it will hold humidity well. It is all closed off and everything, the only thing is will it be safe for him as far as the bulb being exposed? The bulb will be in the enclosure rather than on top of it like most people with bulbs.

Dirkthejerk41

Yeah i know but what im saying is my enclosure doesnt have a screen top, it has a built in light fixture for a bulb. Would this be okay?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980