• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Behavior.

Aaron Burns

Okay so I keep my bedroom at 80 degrees, I have two basking light one is a 150 and the temperature is normally just over 110, the other one is always around 95. My tegu has a big honking water dish. I was wondering if this was okay to do. I think she likes me, she does like to hide under everything. Is hiding something adults do? Also she really seems to enjoy being petted, she raises up and stays still. Also she sleep almost all day, everyday. Last think do they really like their owners?

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They like a hide to sleep, for periods of inactivity. This includes brumation in the winter. Some individuals are almost dog like in their interest in their human keepers.

Aaron Burns

I mean she’s always with me. I’m not sure if she likes that part or not. When it’s just me home she is way more active. She hides from my wife and son lol. Like right now she’s fast asleep next to me. All I know is I love her, and will do everything to ensure a long healthy life. She’s a picky eater, she doesn’t like having the same thing two days in a row.

Lochlan

I just got a tegu 2 months ago and he still doesn't like to be pet, handed, or taken out of his enclosure I make sure to be real gentle with him and to make it a good experience he just huffs and puffs he's tame enough to not bite me even though he has before and drawn blood I did my research for a couple of years before I got one and it took me two years to save up for him I love this lizard I will never get rid of him and will provide the best care for him I just wish I could get him to like me so by answering this thread will help me out to thanks. Oh and he's a few months old and 23 inches

Aaron Burns

I’ve only had her like two months, I read so much about them. It’s different that actually experiencing it. I had her in a 120 gallon aquarium, she’s only 25 inches with a nip tail. She was able to get out. I just said forget trying to keep her in something. I also take her to work with me, it’s like 78 inside the work house. She just chills in my hoodie.

Lochlan

The people I got mine from tried to keep his size down before they sold him so they barely fed him the first 5 months until I got him and now he's 2x the size

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced