• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Behavioral Thread??

Dana C

I think this is probably a thought for the "Help" forum but I thought I would post it here so we can have some discussion on it.

For some time, I have listened to everyone talk about their Tegu's behaviors. Everyone's observations are well said and interesting.
Here is my thought;
Create a sub forum that deals strictly with behavioral observations. This wouldn't be a "My Gu is so cute", type of thing but a forum that would document captive pet Tegu behaviors. It would be helpful in identifying changes in temperament, agression, affection, learning, memory and so on.
In other words it would be a place to document and reflect on behaviors and behavioral science as it applies to Tegus. For instance, I have noticed that my Red girl, Eva, seems to have mood swings. One day she is happy to be picked up and stroked and the next, she wants no part of me. Why?
What triggers those sort of changes?
This is not necessarily a "taming" type of discussion but one for those of us that take a more in depth look at our Tegu's and want to hear from others that are the same.

Ultimately, we could collectively contribute in a meaningful way to Tegu Husbandry if we gathered the thoughts of all of you and publish on this forum a paper which covers Tegu behaviors in captivity. It could be added to and changed from time to time much the same as Wikipedia is.

I think I have too much time on my hands and realize that people have lives but I know that there are many of you that like and want to know more about our lizards.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980