• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

best birthday present i've ever gotten for myself

rxryp

Hey everyone! I'm Rory. Long time lurker, first time poster :)

I just got a wee tegu in the mail! She's very cold, so I turned up her lamps a little bit for her to warm up a little, poor thing. She's remarkably alert for someone who's been cooped up in a little box for 12 hours - licking everything in her cage, pointedly ignoring the nice, expensive melon I minced up for her. Oh well. I love her so much already!

She's in a 4 x 2 x 2 (and as I type this she's snuggling under a 12" x 12" swatch of fleece I had leftover from a project) until I can construct a collapsible (I intend on moving in a year or so) 6 x 3 x 3 enclosure for the little lady.

Meet Porkchop (Porkitus Choppicus Cornelius the Third. Porkchop Corndog for shorter, Porks for shortest)!
6dcdc8d7279a56a9310fbe59c89544bd.png

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome. A husky, healthy-looking tegu? Wild caught? Either way, Porkchop might yet be in brumation, so don't sweat it if not so hungry yet. Also, takes a few weeks of settling in. 8X4X4' is typical, although larger would be better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980