• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Best way to Handle...

numarix

Looking for the best/right way to handle Jericho. And also is it good/bad to un burrow him or just let him come out and then handle him.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
numarix said:
Looking for the best/right way to handle Jericho. And also is it good/bad to un burrow him or just let him come out and then handle him.

It's bad to remove him from his burrows, let him come out on his own.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
numarix said:
That's what we though. Only did it once and saw how he reacted to it, so we wont do that.

Good good. Let him feel safe when he's in burrow you know, I'd start handling him in the next few days or so, see how that goes. Might be tough at first, try the shirt trick and leave it in there for a few days. When you're gonna handle him, go at eye level, slow, see how reacts, and take it from there. Keep us posted bud

numarix

We put a hand towel in the tank and he came out to sit on it

20111031121834.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

On the towel

20111031131254.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
When you go to pick him up, scoop him up from underneath rather than grabbing him. It's less invasive. You should also try speaking in a clam, soothing voice; I find this works on a great many different animals and will get your tegu used to your presence.

slideaboot

5 Year Member
dragonmetalhead said:
When you go to pick him up, scoop him up from underneath rather than grabbing him. It's less invasive. You should also try speaking in a clam, soothing voice; I find this works on a great many different animals and will get your tegu used to your presence.

What does a soothing clam sound like?

JMFK--I couldn't resist...

numarix

Hehe now now, it's a clam soothing tone from a clam and soothing person in a clam and soothing atmosphere.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980