• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Big Frank and Donny

PetersDap

Hi. Not sure about this whole forum thing as I am 51 years old and I’ve never tried this. But I have a 4 1/2 foot long male, Argentinian, purple tegu. When he came to me almost a year and a half ago I knew very little and was obviously naïve. I think he’s great. Me and him get along great. Daily quality time and he loves attention. But now I know more about them and I feel that I am not a proper homeowner for him. I am disabled and do not have the ability or money to spend on getting him set up in a proper climated habitat more so than just running loose in my home. I know he deserves better care. I am not sure exactly what to do and I don’t want him to go to a place that’s not right for him. I think he is bad ass and that’s why I’m exploring options of rehoming, but not to just anyone. So, I’m looking for advice??? By the way I’m Donny an we call him Frank... 51 3/4 inches long. He was 13” when I got him. Captive bread and fixed was what I was told. Bit his daughter and Frank was hers, so he had to go to me or ???

Attachments

• 4356C413-FD5A-4778-A58A-FB864EBDAC18.jpeg
    4356C413-FD5A-4778-A58A-FB864EBDAC18.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 25
  • 64CD3749-9DDB-4A90-916A-0A13D6134486.jpeg
    64CD3749-9DDB-4A90-916A-0A13D6134486.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 25
  • 8DFE0BEC-1A63-457C-8784-3C04CC234ACE.jpeg
    8DFE0BEC-1A63-457C-8784-3C04CC234ACE.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 24
  • A5E4AF17-E0D9-49C2-BFE0-EBE51BBE1BDA.jpeg
    A5E4AF17-E0D9-49C2-BFE0-EBE51BBE1BDA.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 12

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome Donny. That lizard can fetch 800+ $$.

All the more reason to be careful in adopting him out.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hi. Not sure about this whole forum thing as I am 51 years old and I’ve never tried this. But I have a 4 1/2 foot long male, Argentinian, purple tegu. When he came to me almost a year and a half ago I knew very little and was obviously naïve. I think he’s great. Me and him get along great. Daily quality time and he loves attention. But now I know more about them and I feel that I am not a proper homeowner for him. I am disabled and do not have the ability or money to spend on getting him set up in a proper climated habitat more so than just running loose in my home. I know he deserves better care. I am not sure exactly what to do and I don’t want him to go to a place that’s not right for him. I think he is bad ass and that’s why I’m exploring options of rehoming, but not to just anyone. So, I’m looking for advice??? By the way I’m Donny an we call him Frank... 51 3/4 inches long. He was 13” when I got him. Captive bread and fixed was what I was told. Bit his daughter and Frank was hers, so he had to go to me or ???
Donny, Where are you located?

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
hey ...... Welcome , Hope you get things sorted best for Frank .... Loads of useful info on this site either to get you sorted or hopefully find him a loving new home.

What set up do you have for him now.....lights etc???

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Hey Donny - You sound like a competent owner, unless finances are an issue. Sad... I know it can be expensive at first to get that enclosure, but after that, it's not so bad. Good luck with your efforts - one thing that Walter1 said was important to consider - it sounds like your animal would be worth quite a chunk of money - sometimes actually charging for your animal might weed out the other interested individuals that would just take Frank without knowing the consequences.

It's important to know the requirements up front with these lizards, not just be well-intentioned. You're right - he's a bad ass. What a beauty too. You have a gem.
Good luck!

PetersDap

hey ...... Welcome , Hope you get things sorted best for Frank .... Loads of useful info on this site either to get you sorted or hopefully find him a loving new home.

What set up do you have for him now.....lights etc???
Hey Donny - You sound like a competent owner, unless finances are an issue. Sad... I know it can be expensive at first to get that enclosure, but after that, it's not so bad. Good luck with your efforts - one thing that Walter1 said was important to consider - it sounds like your animal would be worth quite a chunk of money - sometimes actually charging for your animal might weed out the other interested individuals that would just take Frank without knowing the consequences.

It's important to know the requirements up front with these lizards, not just be well-intentioned. You're right - he's a bad ass. What a beauty too. You have a gem.
Good luck!
You’re right it’s not about my competency. I could have taken care of this lizard. But without saying to much, medical issues that I have 0% control over, have to be my only concern anymore. Sorry to Frank, but now it’s real! I can no longer keep him. I am asking the 800 in hope to find someone that will be able to love him as I do...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced