• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Black and White Tegu Slime?

Clanswez

Hello,

We have a black and White Tegu that is about two years old. We just moved and he is not in his normal cage or environment. We noticed recently that he has what appears to be a lizard cold. He has nose bubbles and what looks like slime coming from his mouth or nose or both. Could this be due to the stress of moving and being out of his normal environment or is it something more serious? I know that you are not vets but some direction or advice would be nice.

Thank you,

Rosalee

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My first thought is a respiratory problem. Fluid build up in lungs. Make sure he has access to HEAT. I would call the vet.

Gary

Lizards don’t get colds like we do. That sounds like a respitory infection, which is very serious. Low temperatures can make reptiles susceptible to infection. Increase the heat for your tegu (120 on basking spot) and see a vet if it’s doesn’t almost immediately improve (meaning after 24 hours). You have to get ahead of a respitory infection or you may find yourself without a tegu :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced