• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Black Throat Monitor Babies

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
I just got these little dudes in today. These are the first BT's I have ever owned. I have had other monitor species but not these. I hope everything goes well with them. I got a really good deal on them also.
snakes030.jpg

snakes032.jpg

snakes030.jpg

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
These should go around 6 ft. the males will anyway. I've never seen a female but I figure about 4 ft. tops for them. That's nose to tip of tail length.
I've got plans on buying some different species later on. Right now I just want to get a couple of pairs of the Black Throats going first. I have found some Sumatran Water Monitors that I want bad.
They will be my next purchase. I think I like the Niles also. Never can tell. The Lace Monitors are really cool. I like them all. lol

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Yeah but I am going to fix large enclosures indoors also. It's cold here in winter. I have a whole house to use. I have an older house behind my new one. That is where all my critters live. I have plenty of room to do things indoors. I'm thinking of tearing out the floors to the bare ground and build pens on the ground indoors.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Hey man that is cool . I can't wait till mine are that big. Thanks for posting that. That is why I love monitors. That impressive look about them.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yes they get very massive, I have kept them before, they make great show pieces.

You got some real nice looking babies there Wes!!

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Mvskokee said:
man i have been wanting one of those just not enough space feel my envy son
I have wanted one for years and now I couldn't be happier. I love the big carnivores. They have both already eat. I mean not more than 2 hrs after arriving they were eating. My hats off to Michael Powell. He is the man I got them from. Quality First Pets he is a real good guy.

dorton

5 Year Member
HOLY ####
THAT THING IS HUGE!!

As far as the reptile house, charge admission! Do like I have seen at reptile shops, let little kids come in and pay you to feed the lizards.
It gets them interested, and pays for the food.

[/b]

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I just wanna hug that thing!! haha think I'd survive? Good luck with your 2 little guys. The spare house thing is wicked awesome.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
I have people who beg to pay me to bring people to my house. The school wanted to do a field trip to my house. LOL I do everything for free. I give them a little show and talk to the kids and then they go home and pester their parents until they come buy a snake. It all works out in the end. LOL It's all about the kids. If their aren't any kids in the group they don't go in. Unless they are looking to buy something. I get alot of unwanted visitors at times. You kinda have to screen Folk's if you know what I mean.

greentriple

5 Year Member
You should change your name to something similar to Willie Wonka. Maybe Forked tung Fred and the Reptile Room... :lol:

or

scaly Skin Sam and the House of Herps.. 8)

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
LOL Maybe we can come up with one that suits my personality. LOL Now that would be funny.Maybe I'll just call it Rats ,Reptiles and Reefer. LOL Those are my favorite hobbies. LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602