• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

black throat monitor

#1 tegu

so I don't have to much room in my room so and large monitors need a large enclosure so I was thinking I could get a 8x4x4 remove all the harmful stuff in my room cords cats places to get stuck etc and turn my room in kind of play/living area while still having his enclosure where he can get heat dig drink get fed etc

LizardStudent

so I don't have to much room in my room so and large monitors need a large enclosure so I was thinking I could get a 8x4x4 remove all the harmful stuff in my room cords cats places to get stuck etc and turn my room in kind of play/living area while still having his enclosure where he can get heat dig drink get fed etc
I personally don't have first hand experience with black throats, but my friends do and I have done much research on them (my dream lizard). If you are planning on having your room be its play/living room, be prepared for it to be absolutely trashed constantly. Dirt everywhere, scratches in everything, water everywhere, messy eating Raw meat, etc. These lizards, while great pets, are very destructive. That being said, they are also avid tree climbers, so I think a 4 foot tall enclosure would not be the best for them once fully grown. Most keepers I know have them in an area where they have basically fallen tree branches thicker than the lizard and able to hold that 60lbs of body mass up for them to climb on, and this is where they spend a lot of their time.

If you feel that you don't have much room, then I wish you lots of luck in raising at 6+ foot lizard :) I envy you if you acquire one !

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced