• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Bleeding under shed?

nhood97

I noticed a piece of shed off my Colombian had pink spots in some places and I couldn't figure out why. So I just took a good long look at him and on the underside of one of his back legs there's pink underneath the shed that's in the process of coming off. He hasn't had trouble shedding or anything, but the only thing I can think of is that its blood. There is nothing in his cage that would cause that. But its pinkish not red, and only in the one spot. Back left leg, on the underside, right where it connects to his body. I can't make heads or tails of it. Any ideas? And it looks like the skin underneath is fine its just the stuff that's coming off...

Also, there's no visible injury. Which just adds to the mystery.

nhood97

I thought about that. But I checked him all over, and there's no marks. And I did find on his other leg in roughly the same space was another set of pinkish scales. Those pieces of shed came off and with it the pink stuff and the akin underneath is fine. So I am yet again clueless...

kim86

Could he be burning himself somehow? Sounds like either a burn of softer tissue, or maybe some kind of infection.

nhood97

I really should've taken a picture:/ but the sheds already got tossed out and the skin underneath is fine. I don't think its a burn or infection, no where to burn himself and wouldn't an infection have stayed on him even after the sheds came off? Its mind boggling but he's fine now. Shedding again and I'm not seeing the pink scales anywhere...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam