• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Blind Chinese water dragon

Hananahh

Hi guys... I have a blind cwd (Chinese water dragon) I think due to dehydration...anyway have tried multiple methods to get the lil one to eat...he/she (too little still for me to tell) is becoming worryingly skinny...is it unreasonable to throw some of those cricket cubes of food water in her water bowl so she at least gets something? Lizards name is kiki, photo of habitat and baby attached

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hello Hananahh,

A problem for sure. Not quite the lizard species we deal with here, but can I suggest a run to a qualified vet. These problems can spiral quickly.

Hananahh

Spent 600 on vet bills on this lil one in the last 3 months everything they prescribe isn't working...but if anyone has any tips on blind feeding / caring in general it's be greatly appreciated. She tried so hard today to find the worms I know she's fighting.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bug soup fed by syringe (obvs no needle in) should hopefully tantilize the taste buds and smell.;)

Kristina_Emi

Spent 600 on vet bills on this lil one in the last 3 months everything they prescribe isn't working...but if anyone has any tips on blind feeding / caring in general it's be greatly appreciated. She tried so hard today to find the worms I know she's fighting.
Hi not sure how old this thread is or if you still need help but my dragon suddenly went blind too. Been hospitalised and nothing worked, but food wise the vet put us on EmerAid Carnivore as a substitute for life feed. It's nutritionally balanced and no other supplements are required. I feed it to mine mixed with water (2 water : 1 EmerAid).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced