• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Blue/Red Hybrid Tegus

boygenius

5 Year Member
Todd from Palm Beach Exotics is selling some of his babies if anyone is interested.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=53&de=574773">http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=53&de=574773</a><!-- m -->

Swtbrat

5 Year Member
I bought one of Todd's Blue and Red crosses a few months ago but he or she is hibernating.

I don't know what the point is to breeding crosses but I LOVE Tegus and all look beautiful to me.

Brat!

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
I think the point was to have a red tegu with less skin problems. Honestly though, it's not that difficult with proper diet and humidity.

Furthermore, there is always a risk of hybrids sneaking their way into the market and muddying up bloodlines beyond recognition. It's hard enough preserving the unique localities of animals in the pet trade, we should at least be able to guarantee that a blue tegu is a blue tegu and a red tegu is a red tegu. I don't even think these morphs are all that attractive.

-Chris

boygenius

5 Year Member
snakehandler said:
What's the point in breeding hybrids?

I don't know what the point is but people like variety. Different people like different things. I'm not advocating for anything or getting into the whole controversial topic of inbreeding and mixing up bloodlines.

There's already topics about this on this forum, I would suggest if anyone wants to continue their stance on that topic to do so on those threads.

This is merely a classified ad that I saw and thought would interest some people.

Omg I feel like a moderator.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602