• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Brita water filter......

ToCoolTegu

Hey guys........around Christmas time my family got one of the Brita water filters and I was wondering if this would make water safe for all my guys? it says on the box that is reduces chlorine so I was just curious on that......(kinda of sick and tired of buying spring water from the store):p

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Where are you located and what animal is the water for?

I only ask because depending on where you are located you may not need to by spring water, that being said there are places where you would not want to us the tap water.

Britas work well as long as you keep up with the filter changes.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
If you drink the water, it should be fine for your tegu. I once stayed in Ohio for a night on a road trip and the water was so hard that it could not even properly rinse soap off in a shower and it tasted nasty. Is that what it is like where you are?

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
chitodadon said:
Poo water taste good here and I still have brita

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Poo water? Like from the toilet? I live down the road from Brookhaven Lab, and I drink the water. You can use a glass of water as a night light here.

ToCoolTegu

I think it tastes fine but maybe thats just cause im used to it:D but I just used some water from the brita pitcher so we'll see how it goes...

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would think if the water was rated safe enough for human consumption, it is safe enough for pets as well. I would make an exception for chlorine for fish and amphibians. However, I use tap water for my frogs and they don't seem to mind.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wayneboy88