• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Butt Scooting

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Does anyone else's tegu drag their cloaca after pooping and/or dropping a sperm plug? Kodo has this charming habit of dragging his vent along the ground after doing his business, much like a dog scooting on its butt. I assume he does it to "wipe" himself off, but it's gross/funny to watch him leave little trails which I then have to clean up.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
All of mine do it. Sometimes I wonder if they get slivers down there...

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Yeah, I worry about that too. I've pulled bits of Eco Earth out of Kodo's vent a couple of times. He doesn't like that one bit, lol.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yep it's normal, sometimes when they're marking they :rolleyes: drag their tail through it and spread it around. Which is why mine go straight outside and don't come in until they're empty.

Usually when they're done pooping they lift their tail up and pull it to the side so that it doesn't touch anything. But when they're scent marking they do just the opposite, drop their tail and drag it through while sliding away.

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Kodo sometimes tailwhips his poop. It's really great when he whacks it off the counter. I think he does it just to get a rise out of me.

dcman530

Mine does it too, but will only go to the bathroom in the bath tub which is a plus to me because I dont have to clean it out of his cage. But he also tells me when he has to go by trying to get out of his cage. Pretty cool

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced