• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Cage Aggression

Kota62

Hey there all,

I have a B&W Tegu that is about a year old. Every time my wife and I get into to his cage to clean or get him out he starts breathing really hard, running sporadically, and whipping his tail around. If he is not in his cage he doesn't act like this towards us and is pretty much puppy dog tame. I was wondering if there is anything we could do to stop this behavior?

firfy

Hey there all,

I have a B&W Tegu that is about a year old. Every time my wife and I get into to his cage to clean or get him out he starts breathing really hard, running sporadically, and whipping his tail around. If he is not in his cage he doesn't act like this towards us and is pretty much puppy dog tame. I was wondering if there is anything we could do to stop this behavior?
Where do you feed him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kota62

I have fed him inside and outside of his cage. He has a dish that he knows when it is present, it is food time. He has always been crazy in his cage, but has never tried to bite me.

firfy

He is most likely going through “tegu puberty” so when he is out of his cage try to spend a lot of time with him, then when he calms down in his cage a bit more, pet him and try to bond even more, thats what I did with mine, also I feed mine in a separate bin.

Leezard

5 Year Member
Sounds like tegu puberty, it may get better over time by hanging out in his cage with him or just having the door open and talking to him. Bilbo HATED us when he was in his cage for the first year, now he let's you rub him and give him kisses without moving while he's laying down in his cage. It's all consistency and repetition

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supportibi