• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Cage Heating advice for a baby Tegu

G

This is my new Argentine B&W Tegu that I just got from Varnyard today. This is the temporary cage that I have him in for a couple months. I was wondering if anyone has any advice for the cage I have currently. The steel container on top of the cage has a 150 W ceramic heat emitter. I use this heat emitter as my heat source for the basking spot and to keep the night time temp up. This Ceramic heater is so hot, I am worried about it starting a fire or something. I used a copper pipe and cut it down one side, then opened it up enough to slip it over the edges of the circular hole I cut in the top. I then bent it around to fit the entire circle and hit it with a hammer so that it securely crimped itself to the wood edges. I figured this would help keep the wood from starting on fire.
I was thinking of taking the ceramic heater out and replacing it with a basking bulb, but then how will I keep the temp up during the night?
Should I just go down to a smaller ceramic heater and mount it inside the cage with a wire cage around the heater to protect the lizard? If so does anyone have a design for a wire cage for the bulb?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
P.S. any pictures of your proper set up's would be great. Thank you very much

Attachments

• PIC_0187.JPG
    515 bytes · Views: 3
  • PIC_0189.JPG
    515 bytes · Views: 2

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads