• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Cage help!

Crisis

i need an an enclosure but I'm not crafty enough to build one, so my options seem to be the vision cages. My options are this http://www.lllreptile.com/products/583-v632-vision-cage or i need an an enclosure but I'm not crafty enough to build one, so my options seem to be the vision cages. My options are this http://www.lllreptile.com/products/583-v632-vision-cage or my concern with the first one is that it is too low and when he is adult he can touch that basking spot. I've seen tegus in it and it's bigger than it looks but I'm still concerned about a full grown tegu in that. He is still young (but outgrown a 40 gallon) how long could he live in that? And the second one is perfect except for the fact it is like 2 feet deep. Is that even enough room to turn around? Need help please!

travistodd91

I think your selling yourself short you could seriously build one like mine in two hours no matter how crafty you are for half the money and it won't get out grown my cage is 6x2x2' easy all you need in a big sheet of plywood a sheet pf plexi glass some metal track and a 1x1 piece of chicken wire for the light to rest on
image.jpg

travistodd91

I had it planned to do that kind of thing but when the time came I have no idea how to do like the door...
If you need help I can talk you through it send me a pm and I'll give you my number but your really just getting enough track to cover the inside of what you leave open and nailing it down then cut plexi to size and bend it slightly to get it on track make the two doors overlap three inches and your good to go

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980