• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Caiman Lizard Inquiry

Kuamata

Heya!

So all the supplies for my starter Caiman Lizard tank is slowly trickling in. I'm a few months off from actually purchasing said caiman lizard, as I'm going bioactive and will need a little bit for everything to begin cycling, but I had a dietary question.

I'm stockpiling food for the moment, and currently have 3 packages of precooked apple snails, 3 can o snails, and 3lbs of fresh raw apple snails. My local Asian markets cycle through fresh inventory every day, and they have a wider selection of snails, mollusks, and crustaceans than just freshwater selections. My question is, can Caiman lizards also eat saltwater varieties such as conch snails, blue crab, and other sea faring creatures? Or are they too salty or big? I seem to be having difficulty finding this particular answer despite searching across multiple forums and FB groups.

TripleTegus

I'm by no means an expert but I would say there is a possibility they could eat some of that stuff in the wild. I wouldn't feed them exclusively salt water stuff but as a treat or once in a while probably wouldn't hurt. As far as large peices go you could always cut them up

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam