• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Calcium Deficiency or something else??

a-z

Hello!
I am super concerned about our B&W Argentine Tegu, Floki.. and I'm unsure on how urgent I should seek veterinary care. I have an appointment already scheduled for him on Wednesday afternoon, he's been sleeping in his hide a lot but today he refused to eat and i noticed some twitching in his extremities. Is this something I need to seek emergency care for, before Wednesday??
For reference, he's young (exact age unknown, probably 4-6mo, maybe older), we got him from Petco (i know.. not ideal) at the beginning of August and he seemed to be doing pretty well, minus the fact that he's an extremely picky eater. I have lots of experience with reptiles, but this my first tegu so I've been really diligent about researching, but i feel like I'm doing something wrong, and I want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to give him proper care so he can live his best life! I'm open to all advice/suggestions/opinions on care and husbandry.
Diet: Dubia roaches (dusted), BSFL, occasional Superworms (dusted), Pinkie mice and small Fuzzy Mice. I dust everything besides mice with Repashy Calcium Plus. He will NOT touch any other foods I've offered (various greens/ fruits/veg, other types of worms, pre-packaged/canned foods that were recommended, Repashy gels, homemade tegu mash/meatballs). He's also recently started to refuse the Dubia, but not consistently. I offer food daily, but try to switch up what I'm offering.. after trying the mice the first time, he really only wants those.
But Today i noticed that he seemed "off", almost like he had trouble balancing, and then i noticed the twitching in his back leg later on this evening. Do I need to get him seem by a vet before Wednesday?? If not, What can i do in the meantime to help him?

His basking spot is around 120°F, ambient temps are good, humidity sometimes runs slightly low (sometimes gets down in the mid 40-50% range on basking side.. I'm trying to work on correcting that issue as well). He has an Arcadia T5 12% (we were previously using the ZeptiZoo 10.0 until we saw some research that found it wasn't adequate), and he is on a substrate mix of reptisoil/coco coir, peat moss, and Cypress mulch. He drinks and poops regularly. Any help is appreciated!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602