• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Cannot afford to commit don’t buy Tegu

Tegu is a wonderful and great pet but unpredictable life Tegu is the first to go. Sometimes people make excuses to justify getting rid of their Tegu. Please don’t buy if you cannot commit regardless of life change. If your kid bought Tegu., you also own it. Goodluck

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Tegu is a wonderful and great pet but unpredictable life Tegu is the first to go. Sometimes people make excuses to justify getting rid of their Tegu. Please don’t buy if you cannot commit regardless of life change. If your kid bought Tegu., you also own it. Goodluck
True.

Gormagon

I agree, to many times people just don't think long term and, wind up rehoming (reptiles especially it seems) because they get in the way of college or, other life changes. Well, I for one am a believer that once you buy it, it is your responsibility to see it through no matter what. These animals depend on you for their every need and, they also bond with you.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Gor, I'm with ypur sentiment, but sometimes animals in our care are no longer served well with us for reasons BEYOND us. If so, then we ought to do our best to do right by them. So, don't get a tegu if you're not serious. If you're serious and issues beyond you arise, do your best to do right by a fellow living creature. My thoughts.

Jeremyxb12

5 Year Member
yeah i have to agree with what walter said. I also know that sometimes thing CAN happen that you very dont plan or have a clue of whats to come. people could get cancer or someone died. Maybe a fire or other nature destroyed the home and the animal needs its sources to live appropriately.

Guman

I do agree that as a parent if you buy animals for your kids then the animals are also your responsibility. This means that if when your kids grow up andthey can not care for them then the parent needs to be the solution or help find the solution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam