• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Carnivorous plants

Waters

I am planning on incorporating some insect eating plants strategically in the enclosure to handle a gnat issue that appeared from my topsoil/peat substrate. Has anybody tried this yet? I think the success will depend on Blue's desire to smash them lol.....but he does leave the other live plants alone. There are several species that are animal safe, live in tropic conditions, and eat small insects. They also require very low nutrient water, which my RO/DI misting system will provide.

Ivyna J Spyder

5 Year Member
I use them in my tortoise enclosure. Get the sort you can hang from the ceiling, like pitcher plants. Because more likely than not they'll get trampled on the ground.

They also often need bright lights, so you'll probably need a good plant light.

Waters

I use them in my tortoise enclosure. Get the sort you can hang from the ceiling, like pitcher plants. Because more likely than not they'll get trampled on the ground.

They also often need bright lights, so you'll probably need a good plant light.
Thanks for the input.....I looked at the Pitcher plants but it appeared they only ate slightly larger insects, like ants. I am trying to catch tiny gnats unfortunately so I ordered a couple of Tropical Sundews and a Butterwort. You are correct though, them being trampled is definitely by biggest worry :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980