• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Cayman Iguana's Outdoor Enclosure

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
After about 12 hours of work, Buzz the cayman iguana's new outdoor enclosure is complete. I'll be adding some things to the interior tomorrow and he'll be in there by then, hopefully. The photo quality isn't all that great and it was real late when the photo was taken. The dimensions are 13ft long, 6ft wide, 7ft tall, my friend is standing inside for size reference. Stay tuned.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks Maro, I uploaded a vid to YouTube. Check it out if you'd like :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JHygcpTaVU

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
james.w said:
Can he stay outside year round

Yea, we got steady temps. I plan on adding some things to it though to make it even more suitable for winter, if you got some ideas, feel free to share.

Maro1

Looks like you did a great job stretching that Netting. It's not the easiest thing to get tight.

Maro

Nice video. I had 3 iguanas in mine. I had one escape through the netting. IF he can get his head through the hole he can get his body through it. Mine was gone for a week , and one day showed up by my door. He now has his personal cage with smaller size openings! LOL glad he made it back.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Maro1 said:
Looks like you did a great job stretching that Netting. It's not the easiest thing to get tight.

Maro

Nice video. I had 3 iguanas in mine. I had one escape through the netting. IF he can get his head through the hole he can get his body through it. Mine was gone for a week , and one day showed up by my door. He now has his personal cage with smaller size openings! LOL glad he made it back.

Thanks Maro, we tightened them as much as we could. Yea he can't get his head through thankfully, so I think we're safe! Glad to hear you got the ig back haha.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
TeguBuzz said:
james.w said:

Yea, we got steady temps. I plan on adding some things to it though to make it even more suitable for winter, if you got some ideas, feel free to share.

I just wish I could have a year round outdoor enclosure.

Look into Kane heat mats.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
james.w said:
TeguBuzz said:
james.w said:

I just wish I could have a year round outdoor enclosure.

Look into Kane heat mats.

I'm glad the weather permits for it here. I'll check those out, thanks for the tip James.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supportibi