• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Chacoan or argentine?

Tyguy35

Hey, I am in Canada and currently apart of a import from Ty Parks. The tegu would be for my girlfriend as I work with monitor lizards and the tegu would be her very own big lizard. We have lots of space and a great income or else I wouldn't even enquirer. Currently keep argus monitors and Savannah monitors. We are stuck between chacoan tegu or red argentine. Any opinions or thoughts on either. We know the chacoan gets large that is fine it can be housed no problem.

Thank you

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well, hard to say. Both are beautiful species. I have no keeping experience with Red Tegus. I keep three Florida WC Argentines, and I like them very much.

Misfitcreatures

All are really great animals, all comes down to personal preference really. I'd say go with Chacoan because they are a little more rare especially there in Canada. Maybe possibly get a mate for it some day?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980