• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Cloudy eye

OutdoorsChick

He has a vet appointment on Aug 3rd but he came to me like this when I rescued him 4 months ago. We've done the eye washes, went two weeks with no substrate in his enclosure because his eye just gets so full of it, done the antibiotic eye cream.

What are y'alls thoughts?

He was seen by a vet when I first got him, and truthfully I don't think the guy knew what he was talking about. He said it was a stuck inner eyelid, but he was a herp vet. I've waited forever for this appointment.
PXL_20210724_011208058.jpg

OutdoorsChick

Yeah
He has a vet appointment on Aug 3rd but he came to me like this when I rescued him 4 months ago. We've done the eye washes, went two weeks with no substrate in his enclosure because his eye just gets so full of it, done the antibiotic eye cream.

What are y'alls thoughts?

He was seen by a vet when I first got him, and truthfully I don't think the guy knew what he was talking about. He said it was a stuck inner eyelid, but he was a herp vet. I've waited forever for this appointment. View attachment 15813yeah, I'm pretty sure they're taking his eye out :-(
Not sure - but I thought old injury.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
I think it's a semi-old injury, and may never be the same. But!... My adult male ripped a good size tear on his nose one day and was bleeding. I thought (months later) that he would never get his scales back the way they were, but he did. You'd never know now (over 6 months) that he injured it at all.

This is just my opinion, but I'd prob opt NOT to take him to a vet because you'll prob be told "yep, he injured it somehow", then you'll get charged a whopping fee. Not everyone on this forum will agree with me.

OutdoorsChick

I think it's a semi-old injury, and may never be the same. But!... My adult male ripped a good size tear on his nose one day and was bleeding. I thought (months later) that he would never get his scales back the way they were, but he did. You'd never know now (over 6 months) that he injured it at all.

This is just my opinion, but I'd prob opt NOT to take him to a vet because you'll prob be told "yep, he injured it somehow", then you'll get charged a whopping fee. Not everyone on this forum will agree with me.
They're actually removing his eyeball. He can't see out of it, and it pours out of his eye all day. And he's so miserable. But now we're trying to find someone qualified to take it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602