• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Cold Tegu vs. Warm Tegu

A young warm Teague with body temperature 90 degrees Plus and just off a heating pad is going to be fun inquisitive somewhat menacing fully alert and aware of your presence. A cold taegu is going to be lethargic sometimes seeming fully alert but head twitching eyes fully dilated like ready to take off which he is if he is frightened in this state of mind he can run right into something and get hurt! New Tegu people temperature is everything. You can control their schedule and their Mood by their temperature. A healthy day and night lifestyle is both amazing and rewarding. You can't be yo-yoing his temperature up and down all day not good, I'm putting together YouTube site that's really going to be helpful with pictures and videos! Scott

Attachments

• 20200203_113533.jpg
    20200203_113533.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 14
  • 20200215_113026.jpg
    20200215_113026.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
I have my tegu on a 24-hour schedule he gets up warms up eight plays I cool him down and then he goes back in right on time every night. This is so much easier on your tegu you and you!

bsshig40

Thanks for the info. I have a few reptiles but this is my first tegu. I've had him for about 6 weeks now. He has mostly been in brumation since I've had him. He's eaten a couple times so that was good. He's been coming out a little more lately. Came home today and he was kicking back on his basking shelf for the first time. :) I have his cool side with a hide at a steady 74-78dg, the middle sits around 84-89, hot side with combo hide/shelf is about 94dg with the shelf around 112-120dg. Hard to keep the shelf constant due to changing temps in my shop. Seems to be doing fine though. I have 4 heat emitters on hot side of enclosure to maintain these temps. I usually cut 1 emitter off now and then if I think it gets too hot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980