• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Cold Tolerance

Green115

20161027_191847.jpg
I am from minnesota, and about a week ago my new yearling argentine b/w tegu escaped its temporary enclosure in my garage. I have been searching my VERY cluttered garage on and off for the past week. After posting this I am going out to search again. (Garage is sealed, so im 99percent sure he is there)

My question is: What is the lowest temperature that a tegu can safetly survive at? My garage is about 40 degrees F at night. Do you think he will be ok? I realize the escaped tegu bit doesn't fit the thread category, but this seemed like the ideal area to ask a temperature question.

Thank you

Green115

I ended up finding him after sprinkling the floor with flour (for tracks), and setting up a 7 gallon large kerosene heater for 2.5 hours, and heard him moving under a wall of gym lockers.
I don't know about the temps but setup heat lamps it will lure it out to the heat
Thankyou

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I ended up finding him after sprinkling the floor with flour (for tracks), and setting up a 7 gallon large kerosene heater for 2.5 hours, and heard him moving under a wall of gym lockers.

Thankyou
Genius! Good going.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonny