• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Colombian Tegu Colouration

Tegu_questions

I just have some questions regarding Colombian tegus and the fact that they seem to have varying appearances in regards to colouration. A quick google search for "gold tegu" returns images that are mostly of specimens with gold and black scales, but some are black and white. The appearance of this particular colouration also becomes more common when you look up "Colombian tegu".
So, because I prefer the look of gold-and-black Colombians over white and black ones, does anyone have any info on whether or not one is more expensive than the other, or if one is easier to find than the other? Further, if I were to find a listing that advertised Colombian tegus for sale and that showed an example picture of one with more Argentine tegu-like colours, should I bother asking if one with the "tiger-lizard" (I assume that's why people from Trinidad call them that) colours is also for sale? Or would the example photo be an immediate giveaway?
Hope to hear from anyone soon.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Damn Sorry for slow reply.......As far as I'm aware all Colombian colouration's are not specified in species categorisations and if you want a certain colour i would just go by photo images, this also should mean that there should be no price variations. Not sure on availability as I'm in the UK but over here they are hard to acquire.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
In the US, where I'm from, they're most often listed at 35-75. Color probably varies by region, and they come in from unlisted sites.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602