• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Columbian for sale... :(

Joshjack90

i have a columbian up for sale. I got him thinking he was an argentine but when i actually received him, he was a columbian. I love him to death, I just really really wanted an argentine. He is very tame for being a columbian and i know they have bad reps, but he is hand tame, never bites or anything. A little figity when being picked up and sometimes "puffs" at me when i put my hand in the cage, but he licks me then he stops. He eats ground turkey eggs tilapia etc. I have a 125 gallon tank for him. He is 3 feet long, not sure of age. Also have heat and uvb fixture, its an all in one fixture thing but the bulbs are separate. Everything you need to care for him you can have. im asking 250, but i cant ship anything.

I am in Cincinnati ohio. oh and another thing, i call him a "he" but i think he might be female, idk how to tell really.

adam1120

250 for a colmbian? would you lower your price maybe? colmbians go for 40 here at my local pet shop. some pics would help too.

Joshjack90

adam1120 said:
250 for a colmbian? would you lower your price maybe? colmbians go for 40 here at my local pet shop. some pics would help too.

i could do like 200.. that for the tegu, which is hand tame! and tank accessories and lights. so everything. the light fixture alone costed 145. i just want him to go to a good home

BillieJeAn

im close to you, and could meet you.
can i buy JUST him? i have an enclosure. $50? for him and the lights.
i would like some pictures though.

Joshjack90

BillieJeAn said:

sorry, i cant do that.. He is a TAME columbian tegu, hard to come by one that isnt nippy. He is also full grown. I paid 150 just for the light fixture without any bulbs...

BillieJeAn

Joshjack90 said:
BillieJeAn said:

sorry, i cant do that.. He is a TAME columbian tegu, hard to come by one that isnt nippy. He is also full grown. I paid 150 just for the light fixture without any bulbs...

how about just him? i'm looking for one thats rather large, i just dont want to pay for shipping. they only go for about $30 anyways.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yep, I have a 3ft super tame Colombian and I wouldn't let him go for $50. When you have a good one, they are really something.

Joshjack90

laurarfl said:
Yep, I have a 3ft super tame Colombian and I wouldn't let him go for $50. When you have a good one, they are really something.

this is true!!! When i got him i was dissapointed he was a columbian, But as time went by i realized how tame he acctually is. I would still love to have an argentine though!!! haha. I wanted something bigger and bulkier and also tame. My columbian is tame, but i have always wanted the BIGGER argentine:)

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I had thought about a colombian before getting my other 2 argentines. I know not all of them tame down but the ones that do seem wonderful! It would make it worth it :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced