• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Columbian tegu (gold) feeding

Tegulover57

I have a 20" gold Columbian tegu who's name is flickers (not knowing his/her gender yet we would be greatful if we can be gender neutral in this discussion) is a very picky eater. I currently feed Flickers a blend of chicken raw egg and shell with flukers calcium powder. Flickers will eat 3 large meals a day of this and loves it but, I cannot get Flickers to eat anything else crickets, mice, hissing roaches, and horn worms. Can anyone help me and Flickers out?
Thank you for your input

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have a 20" gold Columbian tegu who's name is flickers (not knowing his/her gender yet we would be greatful if we can be gender neutral in this discussion) is a very picky eater. I currently feed Flickers a blend of chicken raw egg and shell with flukers calcium powder. Flickers will eat 3 large meals a day of this and loves it but, I cannot get Flickers to eat anything else crickets, mice, hissing roaches, and horn worms. Can anyone help me and Flickers out?
Thank you for your input
Hi. You might want to try fruits, such as strawberries and high quality wet dog food. I'd skip the egg shells and for the most part uncooked egg. Also, frozen/thawed hoppers or fuzzies is a nutritious meal. Be generous with the powdered calcium.

battyrubble

5 Year Member
Thank you for your input
I swear by Reptilinks, quail egg raw, frozen hopper mice, steak strips we get from H-Mart and grapes, He goes for the reptilinks first all the time, he is super healthy and sheds his entire body in one giant piece

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam