• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

concerned, is this normal?

swtmandym

5 Year Member
Gezzzzzzz i dunno if this is normal or what??...... well hummmm i'll just ask the question :oops: , I caught my red tegu eating her poop :oops: :roll: :?: is this normal or whats going on :?: :?: it worries me, When I got her she has been having a bad shed and i got that under control now and then her tail has lumps going down it I dont know if that was cause by the bad shed or could this be from poor calcium? But the shed ease i purchased done WONDERS!! it worked out better then i thought it would! This poor baby she is probly an 06 or 07 hatch I'm not that good of a guess on that yet but she is 15 inches from nose to tip of her tail , i just dont see how she got in this shape in her short little life unless they played with her for a day or 2 and set her aside :cry: But her colors are starting to slowly look better now but i still worry about her so whats up with her poop eating? I been giving her Ground turkey, Beef liver, Fuzzies and some fruit any sujestions?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have never had a baby do this that I have seen. It sounds like he is lacking something, maybe try adding a multi-vitamin to the ground turkey once a week to see if that helps. As for the kinks in the tail, this can be cause by poor diet, was it like this before you got him?

swtmandym

5 Year Member
yea she was like this when i got her i couldnt tell about her tail in the pictures that was posted on her I do have her on a multi vitamin when I got her and seen her bad shed and such i ran right out and got all this for her I wonder how she got like this at such a young age?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980