• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Cool side temperatures

lizardwizard

What are some ways of cooling off the cool side of an enclosure?

I've got a 4'2'2' and my hot side is fine, but my cool side has been getting 86F + since it's been getting hot here in Arizona. I've got two vents in the back of my enclosure and I could try to add another, but if possible I'd like to try something else first.

Would using a lower wattage Mega Ray help? I've got an 100 watt in right now. I could also probably run a fan to blow through the vents in the back if that would help, too.

dpjm

5 Year Member
It is hard to get the cool side cooler than the ambient temp in the room. What is the temperature of the room vs. the temperature in the cool side? The only way a fan would help is if the ambient temp in the room is cooler. In that case you could blow air from the room into the cool end of the enclosure through the vents.

If not, you might need an AC unit for the room the enclosure is kept in. Also the enclosure is small so the heat from the hot side easily dissipates into the cool side.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonny