• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

CraigsList Rant

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
i personally think that the first one was meant for good cause, i still however, don't know why her son wouldn't take the ball python with him
the second one is just outrageous, that boa is stuck in a 10 gallon tank with no where to escape the heat from that heat rock

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The first one had a 3 year old BP that is only 2 feet long!!! Did they ever feed it! My male BP was 3ft long at year old. AND they want $300 for the snake & tank. OUTRAGEOUS!!

ashesc212

5 Year Member
OMG WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE....I AM SO ANGRY MY BLOOD PRESSURE JUST SKYROCKETED....I have great mind to call these people and SCREAM at them...

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
The first one - is it a baby or 3 years old...she says both.
I think because it's so small they consider it a baby. 3 years old is an adult, even though it may be only 2 feet long. Geez...we've got a 6 month old BP that's about 2 feet long, at least she IS a baby.

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
The first one had a 3 year old BP that is only 2 feet long!!! Did they ever feed it! My male BP was 3ft long at year old. AND they want $300 for the snake & tank. OUTRAGEOUS!!

oh my, 2 feet? i just hope that they got the age wrong, pretty stupid after i looked at it again

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
KoreanDeathKid said:
DaveDragon said:

oh my, 2 feet? i just hope that they got the age wrong, pretty stupid after i looked at it again
I'm hoping they meant 3 months old or just guessed the length wrong.

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
Hi Dave. I consider myself a pretty experienced iguana person and after studying the photos I'm going to have to disagree with you on a couple of points. That tank looks to be a 50 breeder, not a 20 gallon, and that iguana actually does look pretty healthy. The tail base has really good mass and there are no wrinkles in the skin. The reason that you are seeing the ribs in the one photo is because the animal is in a defensive position and is flattening it's body laterally, causing the most posterior ribs to stick out a bit. Before assuming that there has been no UVB I'd like to hope that maybe that lamp is a PowerSun or MegaRay.

I also would challenge the iguana's supposed age of 1 year. It is already developing a good dorsal crest, most likely indicating that it is a male. I'm surprised that there is no evidence of jowls yet with the crest being as tall as it is.

Sorry, Dave. No offense intended, just had to speak my piece. :)

The cage is no where near size appropriate but if you were looking for an iguana $75 would be a good deal for what you are getting.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You certainly know more about iguanas than anyone I've met. I guess I'm seeing the scale of the picture differently. I hope he goes to a good home. We already have a 2 year old female Cuban Rock Iguana (possibly stunted rescue), who is very mellow. I wouldn't want a male Green who could potentially grow to 6ft and possibly be dangerous. For $75 I'd like to have the setup!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
PuffDragon said:
DaveDragon said:
who could potentially grow to 6ft and possibly be dangerous.

So can a tegu! :shock:
I think Tegu's are more predictable. At least mine are! :mrgreen:

I trust our Cuban Rock Iguana very much also, she's never made a threatening move.

hoosier

5 Year Member
hey MMRR, i was wondering if you were on at the same time one day if you would like to talk cycluras? im starting to peak an intreast and wouldn't mind talking to someone with your level of knowledge. also im starting to get some ideas for a breeding project for after i graduate pertaining to one of the cyclura species but cant seem to make up my mind as to which subspecies. all of them are visually stunning in their own individual right. lol

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
I'm always available to talk Cyclura! They are and will always be my favorite lizards. Send me an email or private message and we'll get a conversation started!

DaRealJoker

5 Year Member
in that Iguanna ad, I wonder how he likes being inbetween two speakers of what appears to be 150 watt stereo? I was told that any stereo over something like 5db is abuse to dogs, so how about lizards? Will stereos stress them?

Beazer

5 Year Member
I really am not a big fan of craigslist. People may not understand what I mean, but it really is a major downfall for economy. It takes toooooons of business away from ma and pa stores. People may get mad at what I say because they want better deals but in all reality it hurts retail and that causes even more job losses. Try and support your local ma and pa stores. If you buy from craiglist you should really consider how it affects our economy in a negative way. Free, online, local, classified ads.... I dont know if its just me also, but I prefer new cages or ones I make over ones that are dirty/cracked/god knows what died in it. With that said, hopefully it gets a good home.

-Jon DeLong

hoosier

5 Year Member
MMRR - jif said:
I'm always available to talk Cyclura! They are and will always be my favorite lizards. Send me an email or private message and we'll get a conversation started!

i get right on that. my e-mail is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> but ill send you an PM. my inbox of my e-mail fills up way to fast so i may not get your e-mail.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tildaworkneh