• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Daytona was the bomb!!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It was an awesome weekend, lots of very cool stuff. I got a female hypo brooks and a female adult jeweled lacerta. :)

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
angelrose said:
great ! I would have loved to go just to meet you.

Awwww that's sweet!! :thyo

I will get some pics up, I did not take too many, but I got a few. :)

burke0000

5 Year Member
Ya daytona was great, I got to meet our forum celebrity Bobby Hill which was really cool and I got another great looking redfoot tortoise hatchling.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah i need to see some pics! I am hoping to make Daytona next year for my first time. Argus, since we're both in NJ, maybe we can try and plan something to make it down there next year.

chriz

5 Year Member
u guys lucky with your rep shows we only get a few over here but the few n far between i have 1 coming up on the 26 oct i cant wait already saving . but still trying 2 come up with the money for the gtps

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
argus333 said:
ya i could be interested in that as long as gas isnt $8 a gallon.

Ya for real lol. We still got a long ways to go so I'll keep the idea in the back of my mind til then. Where about are ya in NJ?

burke0000

5 Year Member
Ya guys it was great, there were quite a few stands with baby tegus. Of course the best looking ones were some of bobbys reds, which looked double the size of all the others.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Currently reside in Camden County. I'm from Cape May County though. South Jersey for life. Never been to the pet safari. Any good?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Here ya go guys, I did not get too many pics of reptiles though:

Here is the critters:
DSCN4448.jpg

DSCN4453.jpg

DSCN4457.jpg

DSCN4442.jpg

And this is a bug fropm a rest area on the ride home:
DSCN4483.jpg

DSCN4486.jpg

Some friends:
DSCN4439.jpg

DSCN4471.jpg

The show:
DSCN4447.jpg

DSCN4467.jpg

DSCN4468.jpg

DSCN4469.jpg

DSCN4472.jpg

DSCN4473.jpg

And the view from the 12th floor at the Hilton:
DSCN4479.jpg

DSCN4477.jpg

DSCN4475.jpg

DSCN4476.jpg

DSCN4478.jpg

Awesome weekend guys, I wish everyone could have came, we had a blast!!

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
I had a fabulous time in Daytona! Bobby was wonderful and introduced me to a lot of folks that I didn't know and we had a great time looking at all of the animals. I was a little disappointed in the lack of variety at the show but the quality was better than in years past. We saw some amazing CB tree monitors and some Shingleback skinks, and there were Cyclura for sale all over the place.

I behaved and didn't buy anything until the very end of the show. I had my eye on a D'Alberts python but had already left the show and was in the hotel. I called my friend, Jen, who was still at the show and asked her to see if it was still there. She negotiated with the vendor, whom we've done business with before, and got me a good price so I had her buy it for me. It's a beautiful snake. I'll get photos as soon as it's shipped and settled in.

All of the cute little Cyclura iguanas were hard to resist but I was strong. Two of my friends did buy them tho... a gorgeous female Cayman hybrid was purchased by Kathryn and Jen picked up a striking little Cuban that also looks to be a female to me. The hybrid will eventually come here on a breeder loan to be paired with my Azul. I guess I manipulated that sale pretty well. LOL

Bobby really is a hoot and, altho he teased me mercilessly all weekend, we had a fun time and made some memories that will be with me forever. I will always feel a grin coming on whenever I hear the word "package" in the future. ;)

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I was thinking about how to respond to this, and all I can do is smile. It was awesome, and it was one that built memories that will keep the smiles coming for a very long time. All of the new found friends are awesome, and some I never met before this trip. ;)

As for Jane, I did rag her a bit I guess, but she was a good sport about it. She is also an awesome person, just as sweet as they come with a heart for our animals as big as the moon and stars. I really am honered to call her a friend, and wish more people had the same love and passion for the animals that she has.

Well the package, hummm, I think I will just leave that one to ponder, lol. :roll: :)

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
AWESOME!!! What is that??!!

I wish we could have been there. Unfortunately the show falls in the same week that school starts and my wife, being a teacher, can't miss a day at the beginning of school. Maybe I'll go next year without the family??!! :mrgreen:

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That would be cool Dave!! As for the pic, it is a green tree monitor, it is the turquoise phase.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam