• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Diet concern

Amy Broxham

Louie is about 1 year old. I've had him for 2.5 months. He won't eat fruit. I've tried mangoes, grapes, blueberries, kiwis and bananas. He will lick banana, but that's about it. He eats 1 live pinkie 2 or 3 times per week. He has lost interest in crickets and dubias since starting pinkies. Eggs make him bloated and gassy. Thoughts?

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Frozen/thawed mice of appropriate sizes, followed by some organ meat and high quality wet dog food. Always heavily dust with calcium powder. Mine enjoy strawberries sometimes.

Leezard

5 Year Member
Louie is about 1 year old. I've had him for 2.5 months. He won't eat fruit. I've tried mangoes, grapes, blueberries, kiwis and bananas. He will lick banana, but that's about it. He eats 1 live pinkie 2 or 3 times per week. He has lost interest in crickets and dubias since starting pinkies. Eggs make him bloated and gassy. Thoughts?
I've had luck tricking Bilbo into eating fruit by mushing a blueberry into a chunk of ground turkey and then he doesn't even know he's eating fruit. Or I know eggs aren't ideal but I like to dip the fruit in the cooked egg yolk to trick him into eating it haha it's all about tricking until they are used to the taste they've been surprised with for so long

Waters

The staple that I feed is similar to what @Leezard is talking about. I make low fat turkey meatballs with whole eggs, fruits, calcium, vitamins, spirulina powder, along with a couple of other things. You can sneak whatever you want into their food if you find out what they really like.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam