• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Different Morph?!...

Phlip5150

So I have mentioned before that my Tegu is an Argentine Black and White wild caught from Florida. I'm wandering if she is mixed with a different Morph because after her last shed I noticed orange spots on the middle of the white spots and she has orange on her belly. What do You all think?

Attachments

• 20210331_114857.jpg
    20210331_114857.jpg
    828.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210331_115417.jpg
    20210331_115417.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
  • 20210331_114520.jpg
    20210331_114520.jpg
    876.3 KB · Views: 12

Ruby

I could be wrong since it possible that tegus can crossbreed but I used to trap tegus down in Florida and I worked with a “vendor” who would take the tegus we trapped and sell them to the pet trade. About half the tegus we caught had a orange or sometimes red bellies. The “vendor” would tell me it was just a locality that developed in Florida. From what I’ve seen it brightens with age and will get more vibrant as he matures. He just called it flame belly so it may be a morph? Ive never seen anyone breed for it in captivity but it’s quite pretty.

Phlip5150

I could be wrong since it possible that tegus can crossbreed but I used to trap tegus down in Florida and I worked with a “vendor” who would take the tegus we trapped and sell them to the pet trade. About half the tegus we caught had a orange or sometimes red bellies. The “vendor” would tell me it was just a locality that developed in Florida. From what I’ve seen it brightens with age and will get more vibrant as he matures. He just called it flame belly so it may be a morph? Ive never seen anyone breed for it in captivity but it’s quite pret

I could be wrong since it possible that tegus can crossbreed but I used to trap tegus down in Florida and I worked with a “vendor” who would take the tegus we trapped and sell them to the pet trade. About half the tegus we caught had a orange or sometimes red bellies. The “vendor” would tell me it was just a locality that developed in Florida. From what I’ve seen it brightens with age and will get more vibrant as he matures. He just called it flame belly so it may be a morph? Ive never seen anyone breed for it in captivity but it’s quite pretty.
I recently read an article about the "Red Bellys" that is interesting. Thanks for the info

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced