• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants

Jessicak

Ants. I have little sugar ants living in my tegu enclosure. What should I do ? It's the only one they can get to and I can't keep them out :/

MutantKreeper

If they aren't harming the tegu, what's the big deal?

I have a mite colony in my white throat monitor's tank(don't have a planted one for my tegus yet) and the mites don't bother the monitor or me, and even eat the poop and wastes produced by him and the other tankgoers

Jessicak

I don't think they're bothering him, I just can't stick my hand in there without being covered in little black nasties. I think it bothers me more than anything

Jessicak

I'm worried that they'll just come back. And that's a lot of substrate to just get rid of. I'm not sure what else to do. Maybe I can take the bedding out and soak it in plain water and drown them? Gosh that's frustrating

Dee-Dee Idrais

I'm hoping this might help. There is a natural spray I use to treat the substrate in my tegu inclousure. It's called ECO SMART. Very inexpensive and it works. Sold in home depo, lowes, Walmart and such. They have many different kinds for different problem insect. Try it, you have nothing to loose.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602