• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Dozer growing faster than I expected

DangerousDann

Hey Everybody,

So recently I have been showing my Recent Dozer Videos to some people have tegu's at reptile shows, and some have said he's pretty large for his age, but I'm not sure. Here is a video I shot today, which I think represents his size. Any thoughts? I think he looks a little fat, but having never seen another tegu that wasn't a hatchling in real life, I have no clue.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey Everybody,

So recently I have been showing my Recent Dozer Videos to some people have tegu's at reptile shows, and some have said he's pretty large for his age, but I'm not sure. Here is a video I shot today, which I think represents his size. Any thoughts? I think he looks a little fat, but having never seen another tegu that wasn't a hatchling in real life, I have no clue.
DD-is he 1+ yr old?

About right if so. Some can be smaller and that's fine, too. Natural variation. He looks great.

DangerousDann

DD-is he 1+ yr old?

About right if so. Some can be smaller and that's fine, too. Natural variation. He looks great.
Thanks Walter . I'm pretty sure he hatched in May or June of 2015. I really need to get a bathroom scale to figure out how much he weighs

thatoneguy

Dozer and my tegu drogon look pretty similar in size. I saw a 3 year old black and white tegu at a reptile show recently and it was smaller then Drogon who is just over a year as well.

This picture is a few months old but gives a good judgment of size

20160808_170123-1.jpg

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Dozer and my tegu drogon look pretty similar in size. I saw a 3 year old black and white tegu at a reptile show recently and it was smaller then Drogon who is just over a year as well.

This picture is a few months old but gives a good judgment of size

View attachment 11483
Genetics and type of care (nature vs. nurture)= lots of variability in growth rate and weight.

He's beautiful. Among the blackest overall I've seen. Nice.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam