• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Dr Jeckle & Mr Hyde

eeberrios

Looking for some help on why my calm and docile tegu turns into a wild and aggressive monster the instant he is allowed to roam outside.

I am a new tegu mom but have a full grown adult male iguana who free roams my yard all summer. My plan was to keep the tegu outside during the summer as well (in an enclosure though, not free roaming) but every time I put him down in the grass it's like a switch is flipped and he is ready to attack when I go to pick him up again. Once I bring him back into the house my docile boy is back.

Do I have a case of split personality on my hands here?
2A05576D-1AD4-4DEF-AD6B-B3E085D42A03.jpeg

firezone

Reptiles see differently in true ultra violet light. He has no idea who you are outside. You look nothing like you do inside.

Smasher

Had the same thing happen with my juvenile red tegu. He’s alright in the house a little squirmy but if you take him outside he freaks out huffs and puffs starts hissing and than he tried to jump up and attack me. It’s just the sun. I don’t remember the exact video but the YouTube channel Clint’s Reptiles has a video on how to get them used to going outside in the sun. I hope that can help as I freaked out too when mine went ballistic on me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980