• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Dubia Diet

cornking4

5 Year Member
Aside from their high protein turkey feed staple, my dubia colony loves green grapes. What do some of you guys use as far as fruit/moist food goes?

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Citris works super well with roaches and seems to make them want to breed more too.. whatever I can get cheapest I usually buy a bag of at the store and it lasts a couple weeks. My roaches go nuts for mango and I'll give them half of one when I'm in the mood to eat some myself :-D

cornking4

5 Year Member
Mine eat up citrus too, I just have to put it in there sparingly because it tends to rot fast and make my closet smell like death. Do you use oranges or grapefruits?

herper9

5 Year Member
I never would have thought to use citrus. I've been using apples and some cricket diet. It was pretty high in protein, so I thought it would work.

cornking4

5 Year Member
For the staple I take turkey crumble (50% protein... Wow!!) and put it in a food processor until it's really fine... They eat it like crazy. Luckily, the family owned pet store that buys my snake hatchlings every year sells every kind of feed known to man, so I can mix it up and get them an insane amount of nutrients. I've also heard of people using Total Cereal, baby food, and cat nip.

Really, anything high in protein and low in calcium will do fine, but cricket diet tends to be insanely expensive. I bought that 15 pound bag of turkey crumble for --get this-- $4.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602