• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Dubia Roaches in Florida

saturn005

5 Year Member
Hello all, I am interested in keeping/ breeding Dubias as feeders. To my knowledge they are considered illegal here in Florida. After some research I think I need a permit to keep them. I have contacted the Florida FWC. and I am awaiting a response. If any one here keeps these in Florida do I need the permit and how do I get one. I am having a hard time finding a company thats ships here. Any help would be great.

Tux

5 Year Member
From what I recall the shipper needs a PPQ 526 and than needs to apply to each state the problem is at the state level for Florida said roaches are illegal therefore the seller will never get a permit for Dubia in Florida. Discoid and Deathheads are legal from what I gathered, Dubia are not.

Tux

5 Year Member
Even Discoids maybe hard to find in FL and you may wish to double check with the state laws but that's what I was told when I inquired a few months back.

alewis0890

5 Year Member
from my understanding, all tropical feeder roaches are illegal in FL cause the enviroment is perfect for most to flurish and breed... however there are some down low keepers around, scope forums out and PM them about the roaches. I looked into the laws because i had tons of florida people wanting turks and dubias at one point, but did not succeed in finding a way... good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonny