• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Eggs

tora

There also aren't chickens in the jungle with unfertilized eggs all over. :p
I've always heard it's best to boil or scramble them.

Primestick

5 Year Member
Well tried a boiled egg (even though the smell kills me) and he is eating it like a champ. More than I can say for the meat I have been feeding him. Dont think hes big enough for a pinkie yet. He still fits well in a 20 long, not even but a couple months old.

AB^

5 Year Member
Fertilized eggs are the way to go. you can find them at asian markets.
I never boiled them, just raw.

mastroj

At 11 inches my tegu ate pinkies no problem. I am sure he could go bigger also. I bought more pinkies today at 13 inches he ate 3 of them. I have 3 more and then I am going up to fuzzies.

carcharios

5 Year Member
Yeah, for my two adult tegus, I feed them the egg whole and they actually crack it open and lick out the contents. Sometimes they also consume the shell and other times they leave it. For my smaller tegu, I crack a small hole in the side of the egg and he does the rest. Usually by the time he's finished, the egg is in a bunch of pieces scattered throughout his cage.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam