• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Ellie's Thread

mduke3

Ellie is my red x b/w argentine tegu! I bought her at the pet bazaar this past Friday, September 21st. They said she's about two months old. Yesterday I gave her some eggs, raspberries, and snap peas. She loved the raspberries and picked at the eggs a little bit. Today I fed her some ground turkey, and she absolutely loved it! Ate all but two strands of it. She's really sweet, and although I haven't been able to pick her up, she'll come up to my hand and inspect it, lick it, then turn around and explore her cage. Once she's been in her cage for a full week, and is more comfortable, I'll work on handling her. Anyways, on to the pictures!

When I first got her 9/21/12 :
IMAG1845_zps4179ccba.jpg

IMAG1847_zps2a5489db.jpg

IMAG1848_zps3ea2fec5.jpg

Today 9/24/12:

IMAG1858_zpsfbd745ce.jpg

IMAG1857_zpsaa426391.jpg

IMAG1852_zpsbe4efb11.jpg

Steven.

Wonderful... Didn't know i had so much people around me...

sent from my phone to your eyes

Bubblz Calhoun said:
Congrats :) another one of Laurarfls babies perhaps.

Another one of lauras babies indeed

mduke3

Steven. said:

Bubblz Calhoun said:

Yep she's one of lauras babies! And Steven this the four dot tegu I posted about on Saturday. This is her official thread :)

Steven.

mduke3 said:
Steven. said:

Bubblz Calhoun said:

Yep she's one of lauras babies! And Steven this the four dot tegu I posted about on Saturday. This is her official thread :)

lol. O its funny how we call her 4 dot lol

Steven.

Four dot!!! Lol

Im gonna miss seeing her when i go but i know you'll take great care of her

mduke3

Ellie has been doing pretty good. She still kinda freaks out when I move stuff around in her cage, moisten her substrate, or pretty much have my hands in there at all. Lol. But she's getting there. She calms down when I talk to her, and sometimes will come inspect my hand. I keep switching out tshirts that I've put in her cage. She seems to like them, and crawls all over them. I know that'll help her get use to me. She's definitely a little pig, and has no problem eating anything at all! I can't wait till she gets more acquainted to me, and I can actually pick her up without her freaking out. But, I know, lots and lots of patience is the key! Well, here are some more pictures!

IMAG1876_zps38e11dd2.jpg

IMAG1865_zpsd2631aab.jpg

IMAG1880_zps9d83ac64.jpg

IMAG1881_zpsfb058cad.jpg

IMAG1883_zpsb95f4162.jpg

CAO

I remember packing this little girl up for you guys! Glad to see she's doing good! She was the best looking one we had left at the time. Can't wait to see how she turns out.

mduke3

So I've had Ellie for a month now, and she is doing great! Eats everything in site lol. She's shed once since I've had her, and is now starting her second shed. Still trying to get her tail done though. It's coming off in pieces, so I might get some coconut oil to aid it. I'll also be buying her a humidifier in the next week or so, to keep the humidity consistent, which will help a lot with shedding. Anyways, she's already 14 inches long. Here's some pictures of her pretty self. :)

IMAG1884_zpsdbe0aa82.jpg

IMAG1939_zps1eb45900.jpg

IMAG2169_zps1c483c78.jpg

IMAG2182_zpsf6348442.jpg

Today- 10/23/12
IMAG2228_zps19e04cab.jpg

IMAG2229_zps05af844e.jpg

IMAG2232_zps7fc85c18.jpg

Steven.

Whoa she gotten big... Awww little four dot lol.. Awesome job with her, i'm glad shes in a good home and kinda sad you beat me to her..lol

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
She's so cute, but I'm biased! It's pretty neat to be able to see some of the little ones I hatched. I'm not a big breeder and only hatched this one clutch this year, so I'm pretty interested in every little detail about them, lol. The little one that I have is sleeping and stayed really small. If i ever see him I'll grab him and take some photos. He's my avatar.

Deac77

5 Year Member
its fun to get to show you how your babies are ending up laura and i like being able to see how Kirby's siblings turn out to compare them ya know

mduke3

Little update on Ellie! She is 15 inches long, and her colors are really starting to pop. She is brumating, so her shedding/growing process is really slow, but she has been eating very well. She'll eat a little bit, then sleep for 1-2 days, and after that she's out to bask and wants more food. She's really getting use to being handled and is starting to calm down. I absolutely love her, and can't wait to see her grow more. Well, here are some pictures of her!

IMAG2630_zpsd279a53e.jpg

IMAG2635_zpsfa093782.jpg

IMAG2670_zps380bde9e.jpg

IMAG2830_zps4d799c8a.jpg

IMAG2539_zps18919e6b.jpg
IMAG2846_zps4704228e.jpg

mduke3

Well Ellie has come out of brumation! She is a little over 17". Eats almost every day. She is still a little feisty, but she's getting there! Loves free roaming the bathroom, and perching on my feet for warmth. I absolutely love her. She's really starting to grow!

Right after shedding...

IMAG3358_zpsb7a1effb.jpg

IMAG3370_zpsca8e724e.jpg

IMAG3380_zps6150135c.jpg

IMAG3475_zps52367055.jpg

IMAG3450_zpsc6390680.jpg

IMAG3467_zps45dffa82.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members