• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

EMERGENCY!!!!! (prolapse)

Ginny Mastandrea

I obviously have a female. She’s prolapsed and I’m not sure what to do. I rinsed it off and put some lube on it hopefully she can fix it herself. There is a vet in my town of Mountain Home AR. Our streets are ice and I’m not sure I can get there. I’m going to call them. But can anyone offer any advice?

E61981A4-9BAB-408F-B403-C6EBDA3A99AE.jpeg

Ginny Mastandrea

I obviously have a female. She’s prolapsed and I’m not sure what to do. I rinsed it off and put some lube on it hopefully she can fix it herself. There is a vet in my town of Mountain Home AR. Our streets are ice and I’m not sure I can get there. I’m going to call them. But can anyone offer any advice?

View attachment 13274
It fixed itself pretty quickly thank goodness!

Adramelec

5 Year Member
Good to hear it fixed itself :)
If it happens again, place her in warm ( max 30° Celsius) Water and gently massage the prolapse until it retreat itself.

Ginny Mastandrea

Good to hear it fixed itself :)
If it happens again, place her in warm ( max 30° Celsius) Water and gently massage the prolapse until it retreat itself.
I’ve had it happen with a person and a dog! I think when I picked her up she always fights for a few, no tail whipping no trying to bite, strong as ****! Because when I saw it there was not substrate on it. I did touch it and thought how the heck am I going to do this!!! I did put her in water and she was not amused! It was still out. I found some old plain KY and put a ton on it. Then I put her in my bathroom and closed the door so she can have her privacy! I checked in 10 minutes or less and back to normal. Biggest thing is to keep it clean moist and lube it on up!! I was so glad, the roads were ice and getting to the vet that does exotics is about 30 min away. So prayers were answered and now she can officially be named a for sure female name. Grizelda!! Thank you for the advise and the yucks!! I was the first one that yucked and thought this is not good

Attachments

• 1017C2B0-3BD0-466D-9ED2-1C8ADAD16641.jpeg
    1017C2B0-3BD0-466D-9ED2-1C8ADAD16641.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 22

Guman

Increase her calcium and feed quality whole prey. If it happens again please take her the vet. Prolapses can be a sign of other problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602