• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Enclosure and lighting

kayesdawn

I’m a new tegu owner and I would love to know what lighting works best and I need in my enclosure as well as enclosure ideas that work best so I can get it built

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Imho a fluorescent uvb tube plus a ceramic heat emitter are the ideal heat + light arrangement but everyone has different opinions

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Depends entirely on the size of the enclosure. Do you have rough dimensions?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
a 48" tube should be enough! just hang it down a bit because they only have a penetrating range of like 18" i think

Member1421

Some people also use flood lights arranged in a row and operated on dimmers to achieve and adjust temperature ranges as those might fluctuate depending on age. Flood lights are non-led ones that are very durable, can withstand humid environments, and are insanely more cost effective and trustworthy than any name brand reptile bulb I've ever encountered in my life.

kayesdawn

Some people also use flood lights arranged in a row and operated on dimmers to achieve and adjust temperature ranges as those might fluctuate depending on age. Flood lights are non-led ones that are very durable, can withstand humid environments, and are insanely more cost effective and trustworthy than any name brand reptile bulb I've ever encountered in my life.
I’ll definitely have to look into that ty

Dude Bro Man 433

I’m a new tegu owner and I would love to know what lighting works best and I need in my enclosure as well as enclosure ideas that work best so I can get it built
Arcadia dragon lights on Amazon with the fixture it tells you to get is pretty cheap, I have two 36 inchers running horizontally and a 125 watt uvb bulb, makes the color pop immensely and I know he’s getting his uvb when he’s not under ground .major increase in activity when I switched to Arcadia.

Attachments

• EA079C18-326F-4AF1-A72E-34E621E18A87.jpeg
    EA079C18-326F-4AF1-A72E-34E621E18A87.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 12
  • 1C53A5FB-C383-4E49-8458-B802E53F4BFD.jpeg
    1C53A5FB-C383-4E49-8458-B802E53F4BFD.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 12

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members