• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Entertaining Beardies

Odonata

My older son has a couple of bearded dragons that we got last summer as rescues. They have been a great source of enjoyment for the boys, and I often find them sitting on the bed watching the beardies just because they are so entertaining. When they are out running around they are just as amusing, and seem right at home scampering around and trashing the Lego, origami, and other projects that the boys have laid out.

I think a lot of people see beardies as sort of lame because they are so common. They truly are great pets and very personable. I took this picture this morning right before Sunburn fell out of his cage because he was being greedy and my son was not giving him the collared greens fast enough!

IMG_0929.jpg

Skeetzy

Can't wait till its warm enough to take mine outside for that!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367295336591.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367295336591.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 34
  • uploadfromtaptalk1367295343140.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367295343140.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 35
  • uploadfromtaptalk1367295356534.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367295356534.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 31

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
That's a great shot. Just be careful taking them outside; I know several people who have had hawks snatch up their beardies.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I had my son's bearded, mary, in my lap outside one mother's day. She was so cute, sunning herself and watching the dragonflies swoop by us. Then she started wiggling her tail and looking up and I thought, " how cute! She wants to catch a dragonfly." It was then that she squirted out the largest and smelliest poop onto my lap on my nice pink mother's day dress. ...and that's my story. :) i do still love her. She is a cute girl and yes they have such funny behaviors. If you have fb I have a video of her trying to "catch " the swiffer mop with her tongue through the glass of her tank. So funny :)

Deac77

5 Year Member
Beardies are still by farm my favorite herp! my Stubble lights up when walk into the room it makes me feel amazing that he'll come running to the front of the cage and turn super bright just from me walking in!

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Awww that's sweet :) I'm probably going to end up putting mary someplace downstairs eventually. My son has had her since she was a baby, but now pays more attention to his video games. I've already had my oldest daughter's ball python as my own for years...and recently my younger daughter gave me her snow albino corn snake. It's fine, since I'm the one who has taken care of them all these years anyway... :)

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced