• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

ExoTerra Fogger (Ultrasonic Fog Generator)

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
Product: ExoTerra Fogger (Ultrasonic Fog Generator)
Cost: $39.99 from a local small petshop
Durability: 9
Design Quality: 2

pPETS-3759853t400.jpg

Ok so heres the thing. This is a fogger for any tropical reptile. You simply place the metal looking cylinder into your water source. It emits ultrasonic vibrations which creates the fog. Problem is, NOTHING CANT TOUGH IT, and it doesn't come with a cover of some sort.

So, I tried to make a container with a mesh top. Well, water gets stuck between the mesh and doesn't allow the fog to appear.

Then I just decided to test to see what it means by "DO NOT PUT FINGER ABOVE METAL CYLINDER". I put my finger over it and it shock the heck out of me. Shot shooting pains up my finger and made it go numb for a good 10 minutes.

Will I use this product? NO
Was it a waste of money? YES

This product isnt practical at all. But thats my opinion. Any others?[/img]

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have read about this problem as well. Maybe you can clear something up for me...you only get shocked when you touch it directly or does the electricity conduct through the water as well?

It's a bummer because it does a good job in creating humidity. I will not be trying it though. Thanks for the write up!

lizardboy101

5 Year Member
It only shocked me when I actually touched the object and it isn't just a little jolt. It flippin hurts. I mean you can feel the thing shoot up your arm. I had it in the exo-terra waterfall, but problem with that is it glitches out and at times won't produce fog. Another thing is it doesn't last very long. The longest I had one work for was a little less than two months

kellen.watkins

Hey just bringing up this old forum for some of the new people, a lot of people have been asking about how to raise humidity, I bought one of these last year and it is a horrible product lol it burnt out in 3 weeks makes a huge mess and as mentioned will shock you, if anyone is looking for a foggeri recommend zoo-med's repti-fogger, it makes little mess and works amazingly well and is adjustable, many people on this forum use it and its amazing, I just wanted to bring this up cause if I can save one person from buying this that will make me happy lol

Kimmie

the best fogger you can have :D http://www.google.com/imgres?q=raptile+fog&um=1&hl=da&sa=N&biw=1356&bih=666&tbm=isch&tbnid=34ZZWM6_uNLxsM:&imgrefurl=http://tixob.com/Reptile-Supplies/Foggers-For-Reptiles/&docid=bpOpSkTjLKOumM&w=160&h=160&ei=3II1TtONK83xsgbX-vG4Ag&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=438&page=5&tbnh=128&tbnw=128&start=75&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:12,s:75&tx=106&ty=78 atleast that is what I use hehe :p xD

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You could try putting a humidifier in the room or modify a humidifier to direct the humidity into the cage using PVC pipe.

DaLoaner

i've got a normal room humidifier from walgreens(holds about 1 gallon), with a pvc...nozzel type thing,silicone sealed into the opening with a clear hose connected to the pvc nozzel, drilled hole into wall of enclosure and BAM!,done. got the idea of a video some kid made on youtube. i have it hooked up to a timer....it goes off in the a.m. before the lights come on for a while and mid-day also. sometimes my gu will sit right under the hose.

Attachments

• SSPX1015.jpg
    SSPX1015.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 89
  • SSPX1014.jpg
    SSPX1014.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 91
  • SSPX1013.jpg
    SSPX1013.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 89

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The home made humidifier is the best one in my opintion. Its cheep, its clean and its external (tegus like to muck with things inside their cage).

Vader

This unit is mainly to be used with their waterfall systems. I have a large waterfall for my fantasy pac-man and was thinking about getting this sucker to help with the humidity.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tildaworkneh