• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Feeding whole fruits/veggies

TarotTegu

Hello,
I recently purchased a baby black and white and am making a batch of food. I bought an acorn squash and mango to add in and was wondering if I can use the whole thing (minus seeds/pit) or is only the flesh safe to feed?

Hello,
I recently purchased a baby black and white and am making a batch of food. I bought an acorn squash and mango to add in and was wondering if I can use the whole thing (minus seeds/pit) or is only the flesh safe to feed?
Hm.. I think the safest bet is to take out the pit. You don’t want him having digestive issues or choking! Here’s a tip, sense when I first got my tegu I didn’t know this: they will try to swallow their food while! Break it before feeding it to them! (Also, you probably know this but in case you don’t; make sure you always sprinkle calcium without D3 on his food! Get it from Zoomed probably, just make sure it’s okay for him! They need it!)

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
I don't think the skin will hurt them on most fruits/veggies. There is info on this forum that says don't feed avocado.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980